4 DAYS / 3 NIGHTS
Mt. Kenya, Africa’s second highest peak is regarded as the realm of Ngai, god of the local Kikuyu people. Traditionally, all Kikuyu home were built to face this sacred peak. They call it Kirinyaga, or place of light. The mountain is an awe-inspiring sight. Its ragged series of peaks are crowned with snow, and its slopes are thick with forest. The mountain is best seen at dawn, when the day’s early light silhouettes its impressive summit high over the surrounding plains.
The Ndutu Experience
Ndutu is the place to be and to experience the Great Wildebeest Migration in full swing, with a view on Lake Ndutu in the distance. From November to May, migratory herds visit the Ndutu area, and provide a feast for the resident predators. Huge numbers of migratory birds come to eat the abundant insects of the plains and to escape the cold European winter. The lakes attract flocks of flamingos and other water birds. Animal viewing is excellent everywhere.
- Shared tour: On this shared tour, you will join a group of other travelers. Max 7 people per vehicle.
- Can start any day: If availability permits, this tour can start on any day.
- Can be customized: The accommodations and destinations of this tour can be changed.
Day 1: Arusha – Central Serengeti
Your Driver Guide will pick you up at your hotel early in the morning at 6:00am and drive to central Serengeti via Ngorongoro Conservation Area Authority (NCAA), with picnic lunch and game drive en-route. Arriving in time for afternoon game drive while heading to your tented camp for leisure, dinner and overnight.
Day 2: Ndutu Area
After early breakfast, morning game drive while heading to Ndutu area with picnic lunch and game drive en-route. Arriving in time for afternoon game drive and later on drive to your tented camp for leisure, dinner and overnight.
Day 3: Ndutu Area
After early breakfast, full day game drive in Ndutu area with picnic lunch and later on drive back to your tented camp for leisure, dinner and overnight.
Day 4: Ndutu Area – Arusha
After early breakfast, morning game drive while heading back to Arusha with picnic lunch and game drive en-route arriving Arusha in time for drop-off at your hotel.
- All meals on safari
- Accommodation throughout your safari
- Unlimited supply of bottle water in safari vehicle
- All transfers as indicated in the itinerary
- All government taxes included
- Services of an English-speaking driver/guide
- Guaranteed window seat throughout safari
- All national park fees, conservancy fees and hotel taxes